What happens in Yr3
What happens in Year 3
Year 3 have swimming at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre and will be attending one class at a time on a Wednesday. Mrs Dawe will be taking her class first for 15 weeks and then Mrs Thompson will be taking her class for the second 15 week block. Wednesday and Thursday is PE but it would be good if PE kits are left in school all week. Please ensure outside kit is also now included all year round as we can not rely on the weather. Please ensure PE kits are school colours and not football kits or non-school uniform colours.
Daily: Please can you listen to your child read every day, it makes a huge difference! Also, where possible please keep reading to your child at home, bedtimes stories are a lovely opportunity to teach your child expression, fluency and simply encourage a love of books!
Friday: Homework is issued and is due the following Tuesday.
Spellings: Children are tested on their spellings every Friday. They are expected to hand in their completed spelling sheets to their phonics teacher on Friday. They will also be given their new weeks spellings.
Helpful hints for Homework
There are many ways that you can support your child with their Numeracy learning at home:
- Money – Go shopping, work out how much things cost and how much change you would get.
- Time – Encourage your child to read the time on both digital and analogue clocks. Read bus and train timetables and work out how long the journey will take.
- Measure – Let your child help with the cooking. Help them to measure ingredients accurately. Talk about what each division on a scale represents.
End of Year 3 Expectation:
- Children will know their 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10 times tables
- Children will be able to count in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100.